Erzurum Archeology Museum
The museum, whose items on display had been obtained in various ways from Erzurum and the surrounding cities, was put into service in 1942 in Çifte Minareli Madrasa and it moved to a new building in 1967. In 1994, when the Yakutiye Madrasa Turkish-Islamic Works and Ethnography Museum was opened, the museum was converted into the Archaeology Museum. Its connected units are Turkish-Islamic Works Museum and Atatürk House Museum.
In the museum, one can find the Excavations Hall, Hall of Trans-Caucasus Culture, Urartu Hall, Natural History Hall and Armenian Massacre Hall. Stone Urartu inscriptions which are exhibited in the Urartu hall have been provided by purchase and are among the inscriptions that are very important written documents bringing light to the course of history. The mammoth fossil from 500 thousand years ago, mollusk fossils, plant fossils and obsidians are included in this part.
The findings obtained from Alaca, Yeşilyayla and Tımar-Village excavations in Erzurum and from Obaköy excavation in Kars that are among the places where the genocide against the Turks in Anatolia by Armenian komitadji in 1918 took place, are exhibited. Among the findings, there are amulets, buttons, tobacco boxes and necklaces with crescent and star, bullet hives and parts of Kur'an - ı Kerim.